Deutsche Bahn is currently the second-largest transport company in the world and the largest railway operator and infrastructure owner in Europe. The company transports around two billion rail passengers annually.
During the meeting, an agreement was signed between AGU and DB in order to collaborate on different items, which incldue the following:
- Joint organization and implementation of regular lectures and seminars at AGU
- Provision of practical trainings by DB Engineering & Consulting GmbH, or by other companies of the DB Group for selected students of the University; with the aim of providing young scientists with an insight into the activities of an international transport and logistics company, and introducing them to professional practice.
- Collaboration on internship and placement opportunities for AGU students
- Cooperation in the development of curricula and courses, and collaboration in research projects, as appropriate.
- Collaboration of the Partners on development of social programs and projects.
- Co-organization of international projects and events (e.g. conferences, symposia, seminars, workshops, career fairs, etc.).
This collaborate marks an ambitious new step in University-Industry collaboration, a process in which AGU is very active.
We look forward to start implementing this cooperation for the benefit of AGU students and AGU and DB members both.