“The Global Solutions Initiative (GSI) is a global collaborative enterprise to propose policy responses to major global problems, addressed by the G20, the G7 and other global governance fora. The policy recommendations and strategic visions are generated through a disciplined research program by leading research organizations, elaborated in policy dialogues between researchers, policymakers, business leaders and civil society representatives.”
AGU and GSI partnered formally in the following fields:
1. AGU Faculty members’ participation in GSI group research, discussions, networks, workshops, research and exchange programs.
2. AGU members’ active participation in the GSI Annual Summit.
3. AGU students’ involvement in the Young Global Changers program.
4. AGU members’ involvement in the co-creation of training courses or camps for participants in the Young Global Changers program.
5. Joint commitment and efforts towards aligning the business sector with societal needs in order to enable a symbiotic economic and social progress. Recoupling economic and social prosperity.
The agreement also leaves the door open to further potential collaboration projects both AGU and GSI would like to pursue.
“The Global Solutions Initiative (GSI) provides recommendations and visions for the G20 on global challenges. The visions rest on recoupling economic prosperity with social prosperity. To generate policy proposals, the GSI brings together major think tanks and other research organizations in its Council for Global Problem-Solving.”
On a yearly basis, the GSI organizes Global Solutions Summits, the objective being to provide policy recommendations for the G20. AGU aims to participate and contribute to these Summits addressing major Global Issues.